[R] Plot device stretched on Mac - any advice?

Gunnar gunnar at gmallon.com
Tue May 7 12:55:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using R 3.0.0 on MacOSX 10.7.5 and I am have problem with visualizing
data in R. When I open a simple plot,

plot (1,1);

<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4666461/Screen_Shot_2013-05-07_at_11.06.19.png>

I get a rectangular window with the labels stretched (see example). I have
searched for a solution online, but have been unable to find an answer on
how to make the default device appear as a square. If you have any
suggestions which functions/parameters to look up or how to solve this, it
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gunnar