[R] is.numeric () FALSE

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed May 8 06:06:59 CEST 2013

On May 7, 2013, at 8:38 PM, Alannah wrote (from Nabble):

> Hi there, I am reading into R a dataset with 30 variables. It is  in csv file
> format but have also tried txt. While my dataset loads without warning, when
> I tried to use Geomorph package (my dataset is from a 3D model) I get a
> warning that is.atomic(x) is not true. I understand this is a broad problem
> with my dataset now being read as numbers. Thus, is.numeric comes back
> FALSE.
>
> How do I fix this problem so my numeric dataset is read as numeric?

You post the code you used for input , and a couple of lines of data from the file. Obviously, if "x" is the result from a read operation, it would be a list rather than a numeric-vector.

(And in responding please avoid the typical Nabble practice of not including context.)

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA