[R] subsetting dataframe multiple conditions

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Thu May 9 21:44:00 CEST 2013

Hello,

It's difficult to know what's going on without a data example. Can you
post the output of

dput(head(data, 30))

?
Maybe the columns are not of class "character" but of class "factor".
You should also post the output of

str(data)

In the mean time, try

subset(data, column1 != "a" & column2 != "b")

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas