[R] R installation error

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri May 10 03:32:23 CEST 2013

On 05/09/2013 11:06 PM, Meenu Chopra wrote:
> Hiii
>
> I am trying to install R-2.15.2
> after doing ./configure its showing error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11
> headers/libs are not available
>
> and when i am running make its showing
> make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
> Even I read the install file also but i am not getting any solution.

Hi Meenu,
The second error is due to the first, so don't worry about it for the
moment. Since you are compiling, you are probably on a Linux system. Try
this:

su
<root password>
yum search libX11

<this will produce a list of about 6 packages>
<if you are on a 32 bit system>

yum install libX11-devel.i686 libX11.i686 libX11-common.noarch

<if you are on a 64 bit system>

yum install libX11-devel.x86_64 libX11.x86_64 libX11-common.noarch

exit

This should get the necessary stuff. You may also have problems with
"readline". If so, let us know.

Jim