[R] PGLM Package: Starting Values for Within-Model

MaxFranke maximilian.franke at uni-ulm.de
Fri May 10 10:41:23 CEST 2013

I am currently using the PGLM package and I would like to implement a
within-model. Unfortunately, I do not succeed as I am not a big expert in
panel regression.

I am using the example data set from the PGLM package:

library(pglm)
data('Unions', package = 'pglm')
anb <- pglm(union~wage+exper+rural, Unions, family=binomial('probit'),
model="within",  method = "bfgs", print.level=0, R = 5, iterlim=2)

The pglm-function needs the argument start for starting values. What do I
use?

Thank you very much!