[R] Need help to building R package with devtools

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sun May 12 15:06:58 CEST 2013

On May 12, 2013, at 10:55 , Christofer Bogaso wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I am using library(devtools) to build my custom package.
>
> Therefore I installed (normal/default installation) the RTools from
> 'http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/' with Rtools30.exe.
> However I am getting following error:
>
>> library(devtools)
> WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
> Rtools compatible with R 2.15.3 was found. (Only the following
> incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found:3.0)
>
> Please download and install Rtools 2.16 from
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/ and then run
> find_rtools().
>> find_rtools()
> WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages, but no version of
> Rtools compatible with R 2.15.3 was found. (Only the following
> incompatible version(s) of Rtools were found:3.0)
>
> Please download and install Rtools 2.16 from
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/ and then run
> find_rtools().
>

> I am using R2.15.3 32 bit with Windows 7 Home Basic.
>

> Can someone help what I need to do to make 'devtools' work?

A quick asking around indicates that Rtools 3.0 should work fine for 2.15.3 maintenance. Thus, the issue is probably a purely formal bug in devtools's version comparison logic, and you need to pester its maintainer. Unless it has been fixed already, in which case you need to update devtools.

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501