[R] how to merge 2 data frame if you want to exclude mutual obs

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 22:48:48 CEST 2013

Hi,
datA<-read.table(text="
Tdate            symbol        TA
12/12/12      AX              123
12/11/12      ZZ                A4R
12/12/12      WQ              B8R
",sep="",header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
datB<- read.table(text="
Tdate            symbol        TA
12/12/12      AX              123
12/11/12      ZZ                A4R
",sep="",header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
library(sqldf)
sqldf('SELECT * FROM datA  EXCEPT SELECT * FROM datB')
#     Tdate symbol  TA
#1 12/12/12     WQ B8R
#or
datA[!as.character(with(datA,interaction(Tdate,symbol,TA)))%in% as.character(with(datB,interaction(Tdate,symbol,TA))),]
#     Tdate symbol  TA
#3 12/12/12     WQ B8R
A.K.