[R] Possible bug in 'data.table'

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue May 14 15:58:31 CEST 2013

Manta <mantino84 <at> libero.it> writes:

> Dear R users,
>
> I may have found a bug in the function 'data.table'. I have a similar
> question as the one in this post:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3367190/
  aggregate-and-weighted-mean-in-r

[snip]

> While I run the command
>
> temp[,list(weighted.mean(TIME3,QTY)),by=DATE2]
>
> R crashes. This behavior occurs in both R Studio and R GUI, regardless of
> the version (2.14, 2.15, 3.0). Is it really a bug or am I doing something
> wrong?

  If by "crash" you mean that the program actually terminates (i.e.
not just an error), then this is by definition a bug in data.table --
there is a bug tracker at
https://r-forge.r-project.org/tracker/?group_id=240 , or you
could try contacting the package maintainer (help(package="data.table")
or maintainer("data.table")