[R] rggobi error

Lopez, Dan lopez235 at llnl.gov
Fri May 17 02:30:23 CEST 2013

Hi R Expert Community,

I need your help in getting rggobi and ggobi to work.

I tried running ggobi under Rattle's Explore tab and interactive option but got an error. I then tested library('rggobi')and noticed I get the same error. So it's not Rattle specific.

I have GGOBI and rggobi installed on my machine. Below is the info.

At first I got Error 'A' below. Then I looked at the solution here and uninstalled/reinstalled rrgobi: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2007-March/127836.html

But after I remove.packages('rggobi') and install.packages('rggobi') I get error 'B' below.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

ERROR B
> library('rggobi')
Error in get(Info[i, 1], envir = env) :
  internal error -3 in R_decompress1
In addition: Warning message:
package 'rggobi' was built under R version 2.15.3
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rggobi'

ERROR A

> library('rggobi')
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared object 'C:/R/R-2.15.1/library/rggobi/libs/i386/rggobi.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified path is invalid.

Error : .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rggobi', details:
  call: fun(libname, pkgname)
  error: Could not load the rggobi library - please ensure GGobi is on the library path
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'rggobi'

> traceback()
2: stop(gettextf("package/namespace load failed for %s", sQuote(package)),
       call. = FALSE, domain = NA)
1: library("rggobi")

INFO

Versions on my machine:
Rstudio 0.97.312
R 2.15.1
GGobi 2.1.10
Rattle 2.6.15

Location of Gobbi files on my Windows 7 machine
rggobi package: C:\R\R-2.15.1\library\rggobi\libs\i386
GGOBI: C:\Program Files (x86)\ggobi

Daniel Lopez
Workforce Analyst
HRIM - Workforce Analytics & Metrics