[R] External access to fft routines

Peter Craig P.S.Craig at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 17 14:32:31 CEST 2013

Dear colleagues (especially those with an understanding of the inner
workings of R),

For some years, I have been using R's fft (Fast Fourier Transform)
routines from within C code as part of an R package.

With R-3.0.1, fft_factor and fft_work are no longer available as entry
points declared in R_ext/Applic.h and this is documented in the
Changelog but I lack the skill/knowledge to track down the reason for
the change.

Does anyone know if (i) there is an alternative route to the fft
routines; (ii) there is a reason not to use them; (iii) one should use
some other routines instead?

Thanks for any help given,

Peter Craig

--