[R] bar plot with non-zero starting level

Xianwen Chen xnwncn at gmail.com
Sun May 19 01:19:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to plot grouped bars to compare 95% confidence interval estimates
from two models. Each bar represents a 95% confidence interval estimate
of a coefficient from one of the two models. Each group represents
confidence interval estimates of the same coefficient from the two models.

I think such a bar plot will nicely present whether 95% confidence
interval estimates of the same coefficient from the two models overlap.
All these confidence intervals do not start from the x axis.

I searched bar plot examples on Google. I found methods to plot bars in
groups by barplot(). I could only specify one offset for all confidence
interval estimates of the same model. I could not individually specify
an offset for each confidence interval estimate. Can someone please help
me on how I may proceed with individual offset for each of the bar in
the plot?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Xianwen