[R] metafor matrix error

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Wed May 22 14:11:25 CEST 2013

Dear Branwen,

This means that your design matrix is not of full rank (in a more recent version of the metafor package, the error message is a bit more informative; i.e., please upgrade). Since "continent" is a factor, this should imply that one of the levels never actually occurs, leading to a column of 0s in the design matrix, which then causes the problem with the matrix inversion.

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology