[R] [BioC] comparing two tables

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 16:32:33 CEST 2013

Assuming that you wanted to label '1' for table1 and '4' for table2 (info column).

Also, not sure why chr2 row is not in the resulted table.

dat1<- read.table(text="
chr    pos    ref    alt
chr1    5    A    G
chr1    8    T    C
chr2    2    C    T
",sep="",header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)

dat2<-read.table(text="
chr    pos    ref    alt
chr1    5    A    G
chr1    7    T    C
chr1    8    T    A
",sep="",header=TRUE,stringsAsFactors=FALSE)
dat1$info<- 1
 dat2$info<-4
 dat3New<-with(dat3,aggregate(info,list(chr,pos,ref,alt),FUN=function(x) x))
 colnames(dat3New)<- colnames(dat1)
dat3New1<-dat3New[order(dat3New$chr,dat3New$pos),]
 row.names(dat3New1)<-1:nrow(dat3New1)
 dat3New1
#   chr pos ref alt info
#1 chr1   5   A   G 1, 4
#2 chr1   7   T   C    4
#3 chr1   8   T   A    4
#4 chr1   8   T   C    1
#5 chr2   2   C   T    1

#or
library(plyr)
res<-ddply(merge(dat1,dat2,all=TRUE),.(chr,pos,ref,alt),summarize,info=list(info))
res
#   chr pos ref alt info
#1 chr1   5   A   G 1, 4
#2 chr1   7   T   C    4