[R] mapping data to a geographic map of Europe

paladini at trustindata.de paladini at trustindata.de
Fri Nov 1 18:04:18 CET 2013

Hi Jean,
thanks again for your response. As I told you  I did the downloads and
double checked if I selected the right directory.
But I noticed right now what happend:
The command in the example is :
eurMap <- readShapePoly(fn="NUTS_2010_60M_SH/Shape/data/NUTS_RG_60M_2010")

But it should be :
eurMap <- readShapePoly(fn="NUTS_2010_60M_SH/data/ggg/NUTS_RG_60M_2010")

Because if you do the downloads and unzip these data there is no such
think as a "Shape" directory.

Now eurMap <- readShapePoly(fn="NUTS_2010_60M_SH/data/NUTS_RG_60M_2010")
works.

What happens now is that after typing:
eurEduMapDf <- merge(eurMapDf, eurEdu, by.x="id", by.y="GEO")
I get another error message because "eurMapDf" is unknown.

So I supposed it should be:
eurEduMapDf <- merge(eurMap, eurEdu, by.x="id", by.y="GEO")

But this doesn't work either.The error message this time is: undefined
column selected.

Did I do something wrong?

Best regards

Claudia