[R] alternative for shell() in Mac

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Nov 4 19:57:52 CET 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Nicolas Gutierrez <nicolas.gutierrez at msc.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to run an ADMB function on R for Mac and need to find a substitute for the Windows command shell(). I tried system() but I get the following message:
>
>> system(ADMBFile)
> /bin/sh: /Users/nicolas/Desktop/SPE/LBSPR_ADMB/L_AFun.exe: cannot execute binary file
>
> Any hints please?
>
> Cheers,

Why would you expect a Windows executable file (L_AFun.exe) to run on a non-Windows operating system?

This is not related to the system call, but that you are trying to run the wrong executable.

ADMB is presumably associated with AD Model Builder and you may be better off posting to the r-sig-mixed-models list: