[R] Function does not see variables outside the function

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Nov 5 13:54:29 CET 2013

Why would you want to impose this restriction?  Perhaps if you explain what
you are trying to do, we can suggest approaches that will satisfy your
specific needs.
(note- one can always redefine whatever variables are to be "excluded." E.g.
to keep the body of a function from referring to 'foo' in the calling
environment, just add the line 'foo<-NA' inside the function)

Zhong-Yuan Zhang wrote