[R] Error running MuMIn dredge function using glmer models

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 00:10:20 CET 2013

* Please send follow-ups to r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org
* I think we need a reproducible example: it works OK for the
first two binomial GLMMs I tried:

library(lme4)
library(MuMIn)
gm1 <- glmer(cbind(incidence, size - incidence) ~ period + (1 | herd),
                   data = cbpp, family = binomial)
dredge(gm1)
dredge(gm1,beta=FALSE,evaluate=FALSE)

library(mlmRev)
gm2 <- glmer(use ~ urban+age+livch+(1|district), Contraception, binomial)
dredge(gm2)
dredge(gm2,beta=FALSE,evaluate=FALSE)

* It might be worth removing the 'st$' from  your response variable,
e.g.

mod<- glmer(cbind(X2.REP.LIVE, X2.REP.DEAD) ~  DOMESTICATION*GLUC + (1|PAIR),
            data=st,family=binomial)

* What are the results of traceback()?  sessionInfo() ?