[R] select .txt from .txt in a directory

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Nov 8 18:50:43 CET 2013

1. Please don't post in HTML (see posting guide).

2. What do you mean by "extract?"

3. Your qiestion sounds very basic. Have you read "An Introduction to
R" or other online R tutorial? If not please do so before posting
further. All of R's file input functions allow you to specify the
directory path and/or filename, so if I understand you correctly, it's
just a matter of giving them to the appropriate function in some sort
of loop. e.g. something like

alldat <- lapply(filenameList, function(x)InputFunction(x,...))

4. If you need something fancier than is described in the tutorials,
consult the "R data Import/Export manual,"  please.

-- Bert