[R] Adding Proxy information in 'R' application

Batista, Jose jose.batista at nb.com
Fri Nov 8 18:10:38 CET 2013

R-Help Mailing List,

I'm currently working with a user who is actively trying to download & install libraries for 'R' on her office PC. While using install.packages("packageName", dependencies = TRUE) works without a problem on our home PCs, we use a proxy at the firm and therefore it doesn't let the application go directly out of the network on port 80.  Is there a way to manually set proxy information within the application so that it can, indeed, reach the internet when we're trying to download and install libraries (and necessary dependencies) from within the application?  I've gone through some of the options but there's nothing there for it.

Regards,
José Emmanuel Batista

--------
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are not authorized to duplicate, copy, retransmit or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments immediately and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Neuberger Berman. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Neuberger Berman. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.nb.com/disclaimer/usa.html. By messaging with Neuberger Berman you consent to the foregoing.