[R] decode and annotate

Mon Nov 11 04:33:44 CET 2013

This is not a homework assistance forum. You really need to use the resources provided by your educational institution for that. Please read the Posting Guide, and note for future reference that HTML email distorts your R code so it is not appropriate on this list.

As regards your question, you may need to review the Introduction to R document that comes with R. Then you might as well get started learning how to use the help system, paying close attention to the first argument and (return) value for the rainbow function.

?rainbow
?"["

Also, the str function can help you decipher bits of code:

str(rainbow)
str(rainbow(50))
str(rainbow (50)[46])
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing