[R] Ant Colony Optimization Algorithm

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Nov 12 13:31:56 CET 2013

We would need to see the contents of the "mplus" file that is read in.  Quite
possibly it's overwriting either "iter" or "count" with an incompatible data
type.

I would also recommend contactingWalter Leite directly to verify you have a
proper mplus source file.

/* partial quote follows   */

The error message I keep receiving is:
Read 107 items
Error in count <= iter :
  comparison (4) is possible only for atomic and list types

The code I use comes from Walter Leite's webpage:

http://education.ufl.edu/leite/code/

The syntax I use is the following:
#Last updated: 11/27/07
#Function (in R language) that performs item selection for the development
of
#short-forms of scales using an Ant Colony Optmization (ACO) Algorithm.

#Author: Walter Leite, Assitant Professor, Department of Educational
Psychology
#University of Florida
#Contact Information: walter.leite at coe.ufl.edu

#The paper "Item selection for the development of short-forms of scales
using
#an Ant Colony Optimization algorithm" can be obtained by e-mailing the
author.