[R] Loop through columns of outcomes

Kuma Raj pollaroid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 14:28:59 CET 2013

Thanks for the script which works perfectly. I am interested to do
model checking and also interested to extract the coefficients for
linear and spline terms. For model checkup I could run this script
which will give different plots to test model fit: gam.check(m2[[1]]).
Thanks to mnel from SO I could also extract the linear terms with the
following script:

m2 <- unlist(m1, recursive = FALSE)   ## unlist

First extract the model elements:

mod1<-m2[[1]]
mod2<-m2[[2]]
mod3<-m2[[3]]
mod4<-m2[[4]]
mod5<-m2[[5]]
mod6<-m2[[6]]

And run the following:

mlist <- list(mod1, mod2, mod3,mod4,mod5,mod6)  ##  Creates a list of models
names(mlist) <- list("mod1", "mod2", "mod3","mod4","mod5","mod6")

 slist <- lapply(mlist, summary)   ## obtain summaries

plist <- lapply(slist, `[[`, 'p.table')   ## list of the coefficients
linear terms

For 6 models this is relatively easy to do, but how could I shorten
the process if I have large number of models?

Thanks