[R] repeated-measures multiple regression/ANCOVA/MANCOVA

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Sun Nov 17 16:22:19 CET 2013

On 11/16/2013 11:45 AM, Jakub Szewczyk wrote:
> I am trying to analyze a dataset where I have 1 continuous
> between-item variable (C), and 2 factorial within-item variables (3-
> and 2-level: F3, F2). I'm interested in whether slope of C is
> different from 0 at different combinations of F3 and F2, and whether
> it varies between these combinations.
   [snip]
> I also considered using car::Anova() for running a repeated-measures
> MANCOVA analysis, but if I got this thread right
> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.general/270271/focus=270275),
> this is (at present) not possible to do.
>
> Are these ways of analyzing data valid?

AFAICS, you do not have a time-varying covariate, so a repeated measures
Anova() should work.  You can probably test your hypotheses using
car::linearHypothesis on the parameters in C:F2, C:F3.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods