[R] Rotation of parallel lines

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Mon Nov 18 16:19:44 CET 2013

See my answer at Stack Overflow -- repeated here for anyone else who wants a
trivial function.
# coordinate transform: cartesian plane rotation
xyrot<-function(pairs,ang){
	# pairs must be Nx2 matrix w/ x in first column and y in second
	xrot <- pairs[,1]*cos(ang) - pairs[,2]*sin(ang)
	yrot <- pairs[,1]*sin(ang) + pairs[,2]*cos(ang)
	return(invisible(cbind(xrot,yrot)))
}

tonio wrote