[R] Question on xyplot

Duncan Mackay dulcalma at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 22 00:08:41 CET 2013

Hi

I missed the original posting

I think to get the full picture we need to a reproducible example eg by dput
of the data.

To keep all the information about a plot you can use the par.settings
argument which is an alternative to trellis.par.set().
Try names(trellis.par.get()) to get a list of all the arguments
Or for an individual one
trellis.par.get()$superpose.line # or
trellis.par.get()[[21]]

The legend colours lines and symbols are controlled by superpose.symbol,
superpose.line and superpose.polygon so setting these can fix things.

Eg
par.settings = list(superpose.line = list(lty = 0:7, col = 1:8, lwd = 10)),

The other alternative is to use the key argument eg

key=list(text =list(...),
               lines=list(lty = 0:7, col = 1:8, lwd = 10),
               points = list(...)),

I frequently put everything in par.settings when I have a simple panel
function eg

panel = function(x,y,...){
panel.abline(...)
xyplot(x, y, ...)

}

or when the panel function is not required.

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science