[R] Recode values

lillosdos lillo_dicarlo at live.it
Fri Nov 22 11:13:34 CET 2013

Hi I'm Pasquale,
I need to recode variables (columns) of a dataframe (call it X). The
observations (rows) are coded as numeric 0,1,2 and NA. I managed to use the
lapply() function with recode() as FUN and for() loop but I failed.
*My problem is that for each columns the recoding system is different *(i.e.
for V1 the code will be 0=a, 1=b, 2=c, for V2 0=z, 1=y, 2=x).
My new codes are stored in another data frame (call it Y). colnames(X) and
rownames(Y) matches.
How can I solve this situation?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Pasquale