[R] problem with CSV and R

Doran, Harold HDoran at air.org
Fri Nov 22 18:46:49 CET 2013

Rachel

Using fix() is not really a good way to view or modify your data. It is better to use functions like head(), tail() or index values in the dataframe to view your data and then also modify elements through indexing.

For instance, something like this

> tmp <- data.frame(v1 = rnorm(10), v2 = rnorm(10))
> tmp[5,2] <- 10000
> tmp[1:5, 1:2]
          v1            v2
1 -0.8304551    -0.8040750
2  1.3093233     0.1811745
3 -0.1827682     1.0008157
4  0.7504598     0.5815853
5  0.3392462 10000.0000000

And hello from another person in Georgetown.