[R] Should there be an R-beginners list?

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Sun Nov 24 23:42:04 CET 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13-11-24 4:13 PM, Yihui Xie wrote:
>>
>> I do not see how it can be illegal to download and duplicate the
>> posts, since all the content is licensed under CC BY-SA. I might have
>> missed something there: http://stackexchange.com/legal If that is
>> really the case, I think I will have to reconsider if I should use it
>> any more.
>

> I'm not a lawyer, but I see claims restricting users to "personal use".

I guess one would have to clarify what is and isn't possible with the
data. I'm guessing they are trying to scare people/entities away from
trawling SO and repackaging it into another inko/knowledgebase
offering.

That having been said, there is a SO clone that was developed by the
folks at biostars.org which is an OSS StackOverflow "clone"

https://github.com/ialbert/biostar-central

Someone would just need to host it, though.

Given SO's critical mass, though, I think it's hard to argue against
simply using that.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou