[R] convert data frame: two variables into _one_ binary variable

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 10:24:33 CET 2013

Dear all,
I am trying to convert the following data frame into a format more
useful for me:
> library("HSAUR2", lib.loc="C:/Program Files/R/R-3.0.2/library")

Attaching package: ‘HSAUR2’

The following object is masked _by_ ‘.GlobalEnv’:

    womensrole

> head(womensrole)
  education gender agree disagree sexe
1         0   Male     4        2    0
2         1   Male     2        0    0
3         2   Male     4        0    0
4         3   Male     6        3    0
5         4   Male     5        5    0
6         5   Male    13        7    0

In 'womensrole', how do I convert 'agree' and 'disagree' variables
into one proper binary variable, say:
  education gender agree sexe
1         0   Male     TRUE           0
2         0   Male     TRUE           0
3         0   Male     TRUE           0
4         0   Male     TRUE           0
5         0   Male     FALSE           0
6         0   Male     FALSE           0
7         1   Male     TRUE           0
8         1   Male     TRUE           0
9         2   Male     TRUE           0
10         2   Male     TRUE           0
11         2   Male     TRUE           0
12         2   Male     TRUE           0
[..]

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this (in the form of 'melt',
'cast', etc.), but I'm not sure how to approach the problem.

Regards,
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?