[R] freetype 2.5.1 and mono 3.2.5 (was Re: new bugs and new bundles Re: [Rd] R/Sweave/cairo/freetype bug fix.)

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 26 12:51:24 CET 2013

The freetype people fixed the 2nd set of issues with system fonts shipped with
Mac OS X, and released 2.5.1 almost immediately after that. So there are
new bundles under http://sourceforge.net/projects/outmodedbonsai/files/R/ .

Just a reminder that the official R binaries for windows/mac OS X are statically
linked with rather dated versions of freetype with a few known issues. This
affects the cairo-based functionalities in R. So a rebuild is needed.

Most unix users should just upgrade their system's libfreetype, and
dynamic-linking should take care of the rest.

Also the routine upgrade of mono 3.2 5. It is, as usual, slightly adapted to
run Illumina GenomeStudio and ...-like workloads on Linux and Mac OS X better.