[R] Interpreting the result of a Wilcoxon (Mann-Whitney U) test

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Oct 3 09:01:47 CEST 2013

Hi

Your understanding of statistical test is not correct. When asking /a is not equal b/ you are "splitting" probability of alternative hypothesis to both sides, with asking /a is lower than b/ probability of alternative hypothesis is only at one side of distribution. It is really not a question of R but a question of basic statistics.

If some program gave you same answer to those questions you shall get rid of it immediately.

Regards
Petr