[R] frailtypack

cf2059 cef24 at pitt.edu
Tue Oct 8 08:34:44 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am encountering very similar problems with frailtypack (only, it seems, 3
years later).  I would be incredibly grateful if you would be willing to
share any solutions you happened upon for the problem you mention. I have a
datafile that is even longer than yours (over 15000 events). Events follow a
two-level nesting structure. When I attempt to run the nested survival model
in frailtypack the program either stops running entirely or produces an
error message. I have contacted the frailtypack maintainer but have not yet
received a response.  It seems that frailtypack is perhaps the only
widely-available platform for the analysis of nested survival data, so the
seeming bugginess of this program is troubling.  Please let me know if you
ended up coming up with a solution to your problem or, alternatively,
another program able to run the nested analysis. Thank you so much!