[R] ENMCA in EnQuireR problems!

longoc at cca.ufsc.br longoc at cca.ufsc.br
Mon Oct 14 02:13:47 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am a post-doc of the Federal University of Santa Catarina State
(UFSC). Last year, used EnQuireR for hirarchical cluster analisis and
end up very well. I formated my computer couple months ago and
installed R again as
version x64 3.0.2. have new data which ENMCA function of EnQuireR
package is not running.

R seems to be fine as it runs funcions of other packages. Even MCA
fuction of EnQuireR is working well. This makes me understand that R
is reading my data. In EnQuireR, after selecting the clusters, it run
up to
the two graphics and then stop in Device 3 with some error messages . Even
the file exemple "tea" the ENMCA fuction is not running.

What I did was:

b<-read.table("AbdonMCA_20131004.csv",header=T,row.names=1,sep=";",dec=",",na.string="nan")

There is no problem to open the file. It runs frequency distribution
by summary" and other statistics.

What I did was:

b<-read.table("AbdonMCA_20131004.csv",header=T,row.names=1,sep=";",dec=",",na.string="nan")

It opens with no problem. Run frequency distribution by "summary" and
other statistics.
However, when it do the cluster analysis, it stops as soon as it gets
Device 3 with the following error msg:

> b.res<-ENMCA(b[,1:5])
Erro em if (del == 0 && to == 0) return(to) :
   absent value where TRUE/FALSE is need
Além disso: There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the
first 50)

OR SOMETHINGS:

Erro em seq.default(-ylimit, ylimit, 0.01 * ylimit) :
   'from' cannot be NA, NaN or infinite
Além disso: There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the
first 50)

For your information, data has some missing values. I have the R x64
3.0.2.  I use Windows 64bits.

I do appreciate any suggestion.

Regards

Cibele