[R] Passing multiple object names to a user-defined R fn XXXX

PIKAL Petr petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Mon Oct 14 17:31:16 CEST 2013

Hi

I will not answer your question directly but instead I have some recommendation for you. If you can put these data frames to one list object when you creates them, you can save yourself a lot of troubles.

some.list<-vector("list", n)
for (i in 1:n) {
some.list[[i]] <- some extensive computation or reading files
}

then you can use lapply/sapply/for cycle to make any computation directly on list.

I use R for more than 10 years and I do not remember any situation when I would need to create multiple objects in "n1":"nx" naming manner.

Regards
Petr