[R] MCP solver

Maxwell, John McFarland jmmaxwell at wsu.edu
Mon Oct 14 18:46:05 CEST 2013

Thanks for the response! The specific type of MCP I'm trying to solve is a square system of nonlinear equations with complementarity conditions (a computable general equilibrium model for predicting economic outcomes). The PATH solver in GAMS would certainly work for it, however as I don't have consistent access to GAMS or the PATH solver, I was hoping to find a way to run the model in R. I think the BB package could handle a system of nonlinear equations, but I'm not sure about the complementarity aspect. Is there a package that you know of that can do this?

Thanks again,

JM