[R] How to obtain restricted estimates from coxph()?

Andrews, Chris chrisaa at med.umich.edu
Thu Oct 17 14:05:37 CEST 2013

Consider the function f(x) = x on the open interval (0,1).  It does not have a maximum.
That is what your likelihood function will look like.  The MLE does not exist.
Chris

(Although if everything is continuous and you are okay with limits there is an extension that gets you to Terry's original answer.)