[R] Lattice xyplot: Fill Legend Points

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 17 17:17:15 CEST 2013

   When I specify pch = 19 for a scatter plot the points are filled circles.
Deapite reading ?points and trial-and-error experimentation I have not found
how to have the legend symbols (now open circles) filled.

   An example command is:

xyplot(pct.quant ~ sampdate, data = ffg.st, groups = func_feed_grp, type =
'p', pch = 19, key = simpleKey(text = levels(ffg.st$func_feed_grp), space =
'right', points = T, lines = F),par.settings = list(superpose.points =
list(col = rainbow(7)), superpose.lines = list(col = rainbow(7))), main =
'Functional Feeding Groups (Individuals)', xlab = 'Year', ylab = 'Proportion
of Individuals')

   Please pass me a pointer on how to fill the legend points.

TIA,

Rich