[R] About integrating R inside a C++ software

Mon Oct 21 20:08:49 CEST 2013

Don't cross-post. If discussed further, this should probably be in r-devel, but I am not on that list.

Also, what is your question? I don't really see a question here. It might be along the lines of what technical solutions others like, but your research seems thorough enough for you to apply your own opinions. If it is legal (this is not a legal advice forum), keep in mind that many of the valuable algorithms in R are really in packages, and they may have similar but different licensing restrictions than R. However, as long as your software conforms to GPL2 (used in house only or released with source code) you are probably most of the way there. If not, you may need to keep the system calls in there or start discussions with the individual package authors to avoid stepping on licensing mines.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing