[R] R - How to "physically" Increase Speed

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Tue Oct 22 16:05:22 CEST 2013

The advice given is sensible. For a timing study see

http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=tips:rqcasestudy

We found that for optimization calculations, putting the objective
function calculation or parts thereof in Fortran was helpful. But we
kept those routines pretty small -- less than a page -- and we just
called them to evaluate things, avoiding passing around information back
and forth to R.

JN