[R] Hdf files Download

Tereza Smejkalova terka424 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 18:40:07 CEST 2013

I am triing one more time since my first message was rejected by the filter:

Dear all,
I need to download and process large amounts of MODIS surface reflectance
imagery. I have adapted a script written by T. Hengl (
<http://www.spatial-analyst.net/wiki/?title=Download_and_resampling_of_MODIS
_images>
http://www.spatial-analyst.net/wiki/?title=Download_and_resampling_of_MODIS_
images) for download from the new HTTP (since FTP is no longer available).
The downloaded .HDF files however have no headers and it is impossible to
work with them. If I download directly from the webpage everything is fine.
Does anyone know what the problem might be, please?

I am attaching my code

Please it is urgent.

Thanks a lot.