[R] Regarding rgdal package installation in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 15:07:12 CEST 2013

On 25/10/2013 13:48, S Ellison wrote:
> [...]

Not the system software dependencies.  For rgdal that is GDAL and PROJ.4
(and its databases).  On any competent RPM-based system yum etc will
download all their dependencies automatically.  For Fedora 18 all I
needed was

yum install gdal-devel proj-devel proj-nad

I'd ask again on r-sig-geo if that fails.