[R] Equation of an Ellipse in R

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Oct 25 17:58:07 CEST 2013

See below.

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Anamika Chaudhuri wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I was looking for some help to code the equation of an ellipse in R, given
> I have a Bivariate Normal distribution (X,Y) with mean (m1,m2) and
> var-covariance matrix (var1,cov12,cov12,var2).

Since you have posted on this topic before, this question is misleading
because it omits whatever you have attempted already and what was
unsatisfactory about that. This is not a statistics help forum... if you
are having difficulty with some specific syntax or semantics of R, please
read the Posting Guide mentioned below and try again. If you need to
consult with a statistical expert, you may be best served by speaking
directly with such an expert, or at least having your theory discussions
on a statistics forum.

> Thanks
> Anamika
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Posting in HTML leads to misunderstandings, since we do not in general
see what you see, and when you do finally post reproducible examples they
will be corrupted by the HTML translation to text.