[R] bug in dummy.coef?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 25 22:34:14 CEST 2013

On 10/25/13 19:24, Alexandra Kuznetsova wrote:
> Thank  you for the reply!
> I need to use it in the package for constructing the contrast matrices.
     Really?
>   Renaming a variable like y2 <- y^2 will not be a solution for me...

     With sufficient effort and diligence (and programming skill) I am
sure that this
     technique could be made to work in your context.
> Will try to look whether the  function dummy.coef can be modified to work this issue.

     As I said before, the problem is really buried inside the
all.vars() function, whose workings are
     buried in the R internals.  This would not be at all easy (and
would probably be dangerous)
     to modify.

     cheers,

     Rolf