[R] How to extract residuals from multiple regressions from a loop

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Oct 28 16:33:44 CET 2013

Can you trim down your example to a size where you can show us
the data (using dump() or dput()) and the commands you used so
one can just copy it from your mail and paste it into R to reproduce
the problem?

I don't see your problem when I made up data similar to what you described:

> timeseries <- ts(cbind(c(NA, 2:9, NA), c(1,NA,3,NA,5:10), c(rep(NA,9), 10)))
> exc.mkt <- log(1:10)
> for(i in 1:ncol(timeseries)) print(length(residuals(lm(timeseries[,i]~exc.mkt, na.action=na.exclude))))
[1] 10
[1] 10
[1] 10
> # without na.action=na.exclude residuals do vary in length
> for(i in 1:ncol(timeseries)) print(length(residuals(lm(timeseries[,i]~exc.mkt))))
[1] 8
[1] 8
[1] 1

Bill Dunlap