[R] Optimization failed in fitdistr (Weibull distribution)

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:11:18 CET 2013

On 29 Oct 2013, at 21:35 , Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> On 10/29/13 19:44, peter dalgaard wrote:
>

>    <SNIP>
>> There really is no substitute for knowledge and understanding! Did it not occur to you that the Windspeed column needs to enter into your analysis?
>
>    <SNIP>
>
> Fortune!

Actually, I felt that that one came out a bit harsher than actually deserved.

It’s quite interesting though, that the regular busybodies complained about the lack of easily reproducible data, but didn’t pick up on the fact that Frequency couldn’t be the right thing to analyze...

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com