[R] Validating data type

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 00:29:51 CEST 2013

R is weakly typed language. I have asked similar question previously:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/count-appearence-of-zero-in-a-vector-td4654591.html

It is advised to me to use S4 classes,  if you want to enforce type
checking automatically. Excellent
reference on this is by the ACM award holder Prof. John Chamber's
book, Software for Data Analysis.