[R] Having problems with doing anything with my data sets

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:02:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

Unless you've installed some sort of add-on GUI, R is a
command-line-driven environment.

Once you've imported your dataset (with read.table most commonly, but
you don't give us enough information to know what you're doing), then
an entire universe of commands is open to you, like
summary(mydata)
colMeans(mydata)

and so on. It sounds like you need to read the intro to R that came
with your installation, put together a reproducible example, and get
back to us with a clearer description of your problem.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org