[R] predict from tobit regression

didimayr dieter.mayr at boku.ac.at
Thu Sep 12 17:38:14 CEST 2013

Dear R experts,

I am currently working on a rather simple tobit regression, where the
dependet variable is left-censored (>0). I would like to apply a Tobit
regression and then use the parameters of this regression to make a
prediction with new data. The intention behind this is to do an
extrapolation.

by using the VGAM or AER package, I already succeeded in getting fitted
values. However these values are not "censored", which means that negative
values appear. Perhaps my approach is totally wrong, but in case anybody has
experience with this kind of problem or has any idea, I am very thankful!

kind regards,
Dieter Mayr