[R] prevent mfrow from changing cex

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 13 18:51:58 CEST 2013

Dear R users,

if I use par(mfrow=c(3,3)), R automatically changes the value of cex and
even setting cex=1 in the same par() call does not seem to prevent this.
Even though such behavior may be helpful an many cases, I am wondering
whether there is a easy way to switch this off (short of setting cex to
a value that would be 1 if modified by mfrow).

In the end my desire to have the software do what I tell it to do and
not what its programmers think I would want to do was one of the reasons
to move away to R from (in)famous Excel ;-).

Cheers
Jannis