[R] explination

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Sep 29 21:42:26 CEST 2013

On Sep 29, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Mrwan Sweedan wrote:

> Hi,
> i downloaded R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30) Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit) + Deducer + R studio.

That appears to be someone's effort at bundling package and the RStudio IDE. RStudio has its own help forum.

> I am facing few problem :
> 1- I don't know where to find the manual you talked about so i can read it and get help from it.

Who is "you"? We are about 20,00 readers of R help and most of us do not have RStudio. The "manual" might be "The Introduction to R" (TITR) or it might be something else. On my R64.app GUI I just click on "R Help" item in the Help-menu and I get a browser page that has a variety of Manuals including TITR.

> 2- what is console and where I can find it to use it?

It's what you are looking at when R is running in interactive mode.

> 3- what is the directory? and where i can find it? the reason for that question is i downloaded the table that you gave on the assignment on my desktop under the name "test" but when i try to open it with R they way you did in the video by using read.table it gave me Error type like below:
>> data<- read.table("test.txt")
>
> Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
> In addition: Warning message:
> In file(file, "rt") :
>   cannot open file 'test.txt': No such file or directory
>
> i went to discussion board

Where?

> try to use it I couldn't because there is no "new post" button or any similar thing

This?

http://support.rstudio.org/

> 4- you talk about the material as if we know the orders all ready, i don't think every one know that , example i went to a friend he is an IT asking him about the orders how we printed he gave me different things that the one you use in videos and he does not have any ideas about what are you talking about. so is there any book i can be refered to have the orders and what it means.

I'm thinking there may be a language difficulty. I cannot figure out what is "orders" means in this context.